Wednesday, July 25, 2012

24th of July

For the 24th of July, we went to Jeremiah's for breakfast. I usually struggle with breakfast since I have a sensitive tummy in the mornings, but have become a lot more tolerant than I ever was since I've been pregnant. Guess that's another prego perk to add to the list. Something I learned yesterday: baby loves lemonade for the morning.

Then we made homemade vanilla ice cream. It's gotta be the most fattening thing you could possibly make and the best thing in the world! We might soon grow cankles and double chins, but you know what?! Good! I will admit, I do feel invincible to junk food and sugar being pregnant, but then again, I never have a big health nut to begin with. One thing I love about Braden is that he is not one either. Now, I'm no one to criticize others who exercise and eat really healthy, and I don't think to myself, "I don't need to exercise cuz I look good!", nor do I feel jealous of others who have that passion. I think it's awesome to have physical abilities and to find joy from it, even though I do not have the ability to run a marathon and do not find joy in exercising. However, I don't think it makes someone a better person if he/she cares about their weight or they if they don't. No one is better than anyone else because of how he/she looks or because he/she can run like a gazelle. I don't want to be in the position where I HAVE to exercise or count calories to feel secure about myself. I wont live life worrying about how I look all the time. There is so much more to life than being caught up in all that. I personally don't draw confidence from my body, so it's not important to me to worry about my weight or food. I have seen the negative effects and the mentality that some people reach when they obsess and it scares me to ever reach that point. Too much of anything can be unhealthy. Of course being healthy is important  and to me it's important, don't get me wrong. I want to live as long as I can and have a healthy body. Healthy to me is not what I see from magazines. Healthy to me is moderation. I take my dog on walks all the time and eat pretty well. But if I want a cookie or fries, I'm not gonna feel bad about it.  

Then for the rest of the day/night we started watching Lost, which is 6 seasons long. It's gonna take us forever to finish! I wish I could just dedicate 24/7 to this show. If I did that, I could finish 120 episodes in 7 days (I think...)! haha That's without any potty breaks or nothin! It kinda gives me the heebie jeebies, so I regret watching it afterwards. Last night, I actually prayed that I wouldn't have scary dreams from it. I get scared really easily, though. I'm such a pansy, which is why I don't watch it by myself. But it's so good!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts