I have to give Braden credit for the dad and husband he is. He really blows me away with how much he takes care of this family. Even though he has school and work, he still gets up in the night to feed Gigi. He is always willing to help me clean the house and take the baby for a while so I can sleep. I love him. SO SO MUCH.
Gigi at 1 month old:
-loves being in the baby Bjorn while I do housework
-likes sleeping in her swing better than bassinet
-loves her binky, which she sucks really loudly
-her eyes change color every day
-has the cutest pouty bottom lip I've ever seen
-quivers her bottom lip occasionally
-was born with pointy elf ears, which have now rounded out more
-has long fingers and toes
-cried for her first stroller ride today
-still wears newborn clothes and size 1 diapers are too big still
-can turn on a tantrum in 0.5 seconds out of nowhere
-loves getting her hair washed
-falls asleep instantly if there is music
-has her nights and days still mixed up
-makes her pouty face far in advance, which gives us plenty of warning that she's about to cry
-is the cutest baby in the world
-smells cute
-stares at our faces
-is precious
-has pooped several times while I was changing her diaper and it shot all the way to the couches (including all over me of course)
-rarely toots but when she does, it's LOUD.
Things I have learned so far:
-you can't do it all in one day, no matter how hard you try
-you can either laugh or cry. I sometimes do both at the same time, but usually laugh (especially when warm throw up runs down my chest or when poop shoots out at me haha)
-you can never have too many burp cloths
-2 outfit changes in a day is typical
-getting ready for the day is now an accomplishment
-I am in a constant tired state
-Gigi is the boss
-I have a new respect for single parents out there and a new respect for my own mom. I don't know how they do it alone!
-every day is different. Expect the unexpected. Anything goes.
-nursing is messy! But rewarding.
-Mushu loves Gigi. Sometimes a little too much.
-If Gigi had a nickel for every kiss she's ever gotten, she'd be filthy rich
-I love the way she smells, even if she's covered in spit up or has a poopy diaper. (Weird I know)
-the little messes around my house no longer bother me like they used to.
-the laundry piles up fast with a baby around
-nothing and nobody can compare to the love I have for her
-I am blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home-mom

















No comments:
Post a Comment