Last week, I found a dresser on KSL for $75 that I liked for the baby room. It had a few orange marker lines scribbled on it, but other than that, it is a great, heavy, solid wood dresser. Braden and I sanded it down and then he painted it for me. It turned out like a pro! I love my handy husband! We are using the top as a changing area.
Before
After
Last night, I made Baked Rigatoni and Peas, which was so scrumptious. It is a big deal for me to cook since I never have wanted to before. It makes me feel accomplished to be a productive house wife, since that is now what I am! I have been using my cookbook recently in attempt to make MEALS. Every week, Braden and I choose two recipes from the cookbook that we want to try and then when we go shopping, we pick up those ingredients.
Last week was my last week working as a nanny for the Adam's family. (I will start crying while writing this). I worked for them for a little over a year. Trevyn started preschool this year and I am having a baby in a few months, so my time was up. It's always hard leaving a nanny job, which I've done 3 times now. This one is defiinately the hardest for me. These kids were the sweetest children. I LOVED my boss and nanny kids so much! Luckily, I actually live in the same state as them and can go visit once in a while after the baby is born. When I started the job, Trevyn was only 2 years old. Here are some of the things he has said over the past year:
- pink coo-coo (pink scooter)
-me tant know (for I don't know)
-Tara (Cara)
-foon (spoon)
-Sheery (cereal)
-Jeuh (Jesus)
- Fanta Clause (Santa Clause)
-Yib (Liberty) and Eah (Aliyah)
-Eanut Butter Jewwy (peanut butter jelly)
- I don't like that "Child God" song, it's stupid.
- Let's play, "Dog Ask"
-I will protect you from the bad guys cuz you're the best nanny
-Cara? I love you. (repeated 20 times a day)
-Today I am Green Lantern cuz I have Green Lantern undies on. Tomorrow I will be Flash!
-I don't want to wear those baby pants. (as in shorts)
-My Roger went to jail cuz he was mean to me and did drugs (his imaginary friend)
-Can I hit you, Lib? (No.) But I want to!
-Lib!! Don't be a spider anymore!
-Super heroes to the rescue!
-Cara, I want to tell you something about my poop. Sometimes when I poop, another one comes out after it.
-You're crazy in your head!
- Sometimes my brown bear is shy.
- I have to eat good so I can have big muckles like my dad (muscles)
-Is my hair messed up? (after doing somersaults)
-(sigh) I don't have an imagination today.
-I love you to the moon and back
-Even after you die, Cara, I will still always love you
Aliyah just started junior high. She went through a tough couple of months this winter when she started having terrible migraines and had to miss out on school. It was hard on all of us seeing her like that, but she got better and was back to her normal self by the summer. It was amazing to me how she still retained such composure even though she was in pain. It was sweet to see how loved Aliyah was during this hard time, especially from her mom. She loved volleyball and is very fashionable. If I could fit into her clothes, I'd totally steal them for myself! She also knows how do hair super cute (secretly I wish she would do my hair). I loved taking her to volleyball in the summer and talking to her. She is such a great sister. I loved going in her room and reading all her quotes she'd hang up. She is very beautiful, organized, smart, mature, mellow, good natured, and sweet. I have told her that the only thing she has over me is that she can't drive, but that's pretty much the only thing I can do that she can't! This girl amazes me. I would hang out with her any day, just for fun. Sometimes I forgot we had an age gap between us cuz she is that mature and awesome! I hope she never changes. I hope my daughter is just like Aliyah!
I'll miss Liberty's youthful spirit and watching her play with Trevyn at his level, having tea parties and playing school with him. I loved watching her make up her own dances and would sometimes find her reading a book on her own or doing yoga or feeding the chickens. I would find lots of junk underneath her mattress and enjoyed cleaning her messy room because she would save candy wrappers and little things in her drawers. She is boy crazy and admits it herself. She reminds me of my little sister growing up. She loved to talk to me and I loved it! One of my favorite things she used to do was make a river in the dirt and play in it. I loved listening to her stories. She wasn't shy at all if I heard her singing, dancing, or playing. I loved just checking in on her, seeing what she was up to. I loved going through her drawers with her and organizing all her stuff with her and seeing what sorts of things she wanted to sell at the garage sale. I was always amazed at some of the things she'd eat. She is girly, messy, cute, outgoing, playful, and smart. I hope she always stays sweet and playful. I
I loved the summer when they were out of school because they were home and I'd get to chat with them. I'm going to miss those girls a lot! They are good solid kids who don't judge, are open-minded, responsible, giving, and happy. They are spoiled in love but not in their hearts. They are such well-rounded kids. I love how they know how to have good old-fashion fun, playing in the basement or outside.
Trevyn was such an easy kid! He hardly ever cried. I can only remember putting him in time out once (for stabbing my hand a little too hard with a pirate hook). He used to hate the splash pad at the park but loved the playground. He loved Hanny Manny and Mickey Mouse. He recently became a super hero fan and gets very excited when talking about them. He gets in his own little pretend world when playing cars. He doesn't like coloring or doing crafts. He always made me laugh with the things he'd say. He went through a phase where he played with a bunjy cord all the time or wanted to play jail. He would tell me he loved me every day, all day long. I once told him I could climb trees like a cat and he still believes me. Every day, he'd want peanut butter jelly for lunch and loves cucumbers with salt now days and NOT apples anymore, or peanut butter with any jam. He is such a boy but also liked to dress up in high heels and play babies or have tea parties. He was always in a good mood (minus only a few tantrums) and could make you smile. He is a very smart, funny, adorable, and sweet boy. We had fun playing Hide and Go Seek a lot, Santa Clause, Dog (and Tiger and Bear), cars, bad guys, going to the park, playing at McDonalds, going to the library, jumping on the tramp, playing Playdoh, making playdoh, going to the Little Tree House and Toads, talking about Disneyland, reading books, making forts, playing in the dirt, and doing puzzles. I'm gonna miss him soooooo much!
Recent pics:









No comments:
Post a Comment