This cheesecake is a perfect example of that! I had to...improvise....a lot. Braden sadly left it sitting out overnight (boy I oughta!), so I only got 1 piece of this. He barely got to sleep in the bed....he should feel VERY lucky!!! I wish I could have tried it again the next day, but I'm letting it go...kinda.
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake 3/5 stars
This little number is a disgusting, filthy, putrid recipe I made. Once again, I got in trouble trying to experiment. It always humbles me afterwards when all my recipes go wrong. This one actually disappointed me SO much, that I threw a tantrum (oven-door-slamming 5 times in a row just for fun, taking the plate and flinging it across the table to hopefully destroy it, then falling to the ground on my knees and crying). Dang you stupid chicken pot pie, look what you did! I hate you!! I added way more crust than asked for (just because I really like crust and HATE when it is skimpy), and so it did not cook through all the way. Also, my veggies tasted like dirt? Can't explain that one. It may look good, but don't be fooled, it's not.
(Cursed) Chicken Pot Pie 2/5 stars
This dish was better, don't worry. It's got squash, asparagus, snap peas, mushrooms, and green onions in it.
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Pasta Primavera 4/5 stars
Today I made this. Can't say I love it.
Tuna Casserole 3/5 stars
I have made it my personal goal to find a recipe I have really loved. This is the only reason I haven't given up yet!
On a more successful note, I helped reupholster a used rocking chair I bought on KSL. It's for the baby room. The frame is in great shape, except the cushions were worn and stained-- but it was only $35! Woo hoo! Shake your money maker!! My mother-in-law did all of the sewing, so I can't take hardly any credit for it (I wish). I just love it love it love it. It's got pockets on the side. Oh, and the husband did all the foam cutting and ottoman reupholstering.
Want to know how I learned to cook? Food network. I'm not sure if you have cable, but I would highly suggest it for that very reason. Some of my favorite chefs are Alton Brown and Bobby Flay. Have you heard of the Pioneer Woman? She has a blog with lots of recipes on it that I've tried and liked. Just be careful and cook healthy!
ReplyDelete