Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baby Shower and Nesting

Today was my baby shower that my nanny family threw for me. It was decorated very cute and the food was really good and the games were fun. I feel very spoiled. They did so much for me and really blew me away! It was so sweet. I have missed all my friends and haven't seen most of them for a very long time!  


                                                 The awesome cake. It was really good, too.





                                                           Playing a fun diaper game

                                                                 Some of the Bountiful gals

                                                           My sweet friends (minus Kara)

                                                        Amanda being amazed at my belly
                              My nanny family who so generously threw me the best baby shower ever!


                                The crafty diaper cake Melinda made me (made of 94 diapers, a whole package of wipes, and stuffed with baby bath stuff and toys along the sides)! She's such a genius! Isn't it amazing!?


This weekend, I decided to take up another baby project- curtains! So far, I've decorated her name with wooden letters, painted her dresser, reupholstered the rocking chair, made a baby chipboard scrapbook, and almost finished the mobile above the crib. I have really enjoyed customizing the things in baby's room. I love this nesting thing. After my curtains, I want to make (attempt) a baby quilt.


Things I cannot wait for:
-labor. I never would have guessed it, but I would do it tomorrow if I could! I have totally transitioned from being scared to death of labor to being really excited and ready for it. I just want to meet her!
-holding my precious baby in my arms for the first time.
-wearing normal clothes again
-eating sushi again. Oh how I have missed you!!!
-sleeping on my back again
-going to Tuscon this year for Christmas!
-the leaves changing and the air cooling down for fall, my favorite season.
-my 2 year anniversary coming up on October 15th
-seeing my mom next week for my family baby shower

Tomorrow I will be 34 weeks. I'm feeling dandy. The baby

My friend, Talia Jensen, was so generous and took maternity pictures for me last week. They are beautiful photos, thanks to her. You can check them out on her Facebook page under Talia Photography (or see the ones I'm tagged in. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts